If you work with computers long enough, you will eventually experience a virus, spyware, or malware attack. We can clean your computer and install the right software to properly protect it.
Your best defense against getting an infection is to keep your computer software updated;
- Always run the weekly Windows updates. They usually come out every Tuesday night.
- Keep your virus scanner updated and ensure your subscription does not expire. If you don’t have a virus scanner and are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you can download the free Microsoft Security Essentials. If you are running Windows 8/8.1/10 you can use the built-in Windows Defender (located in Control Panel). For easier access it helps to pin the program to the task bar.
- Make sure that your Windows Firewall is turned on. If you are using a program such as Norton Internet Security, it uses its own firewall in place of the Windows one.
- Keep Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, and Java up-to-date. Older versions have known security vulnerabilities.
- Don’t click on links, attachments, etc. from unknown sources.
If you do get a virus, spyware, or malware Contact Us and we’ll clean your system and ensure you have adequate virus protection installed.