Capable Computers is a family owned and operated small business located in Burke, Virginia. It was started in July 2007 by Dale Hamilton.
Dale earned a B.A. in economics with a minor in statistics from the George Washington University in 1985, and began his 22 year career with the Federal Government, working for the Department of Defense, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and Department of Transportation. In 1996, he was selected to participate in the Advanced Management Program (AMP) at the Information Resources Management College at National Defense University, where he studied in a 14 week graduate-level program. Dale earned a M.S. in Information Resources Management in 1997 from Syracuse University and transitioned from resources management to information security management in his professional career. In February 2008 Dale left federal service to run Capable Computers fulltime.
Dale’s computer experience began in 1995, when he built his first personal computer, running a Windows 95 operating system. In 1999, he began working part-time building computer systems for home-based businesses, as well as supporting the systems he built with maintenance, upgrades, and repairs. Since that time, he has gained experience in the following areas:
- Building, installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and 10 Operating Systems.
- Troubleshooting and upgrading MAC OS X desktops and laptops.
- Configuring iPad and Android tablets and phones.
- Installing peripherals such as printers, scanners, and external hard drives.
- Installing, upgrading, configuring, and securing wired and wireless networks.
- Recovering data from Windows and MAC based systems.
- Installing and configuring Point of Sale (POS) hardware and software.
- Installing video surveillance systems.
- Networking Gaming consoles.
- Maintaining and developing websites in html, php, and WordPress.
Dale and his wife Janet have four adult children.